- 3 zucchini, cut ends off, grate
- 1 sweet potato, wash well and grate, no need to peel
- ½ leek, wash well to remove grit, cut in half lengthways and finely slice
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Olive oil
Zucchini & Sweet potato fritters
Perfect anywhere, anytime (think quick weekend bunchs, weekday lunchs, picnics and parties) these veggie pickelets are a delicious way to get extra veggies into your day.
It’s this easy
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with a fork.
- Add the vegetables, flour, parmesan, pepper and a small amount of salt and mix it all together.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of a frying pan place on the stove over a medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the pan to make fritters the size of a small drinks coasters. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, the fritters should be golden and feel firm in the centre.
- If you don’t have a frying pan you could try cooking the fritters on a sandwich press. Wipe the base of the sandwich press with some paper towel dipped in oil, spoon the mixture onto the base of the press and lower the top down. Lock the top into place just above the fritter and cook until golden on both sides, turing once as they cook.
- Repeat until all the mixture is cooked.
- Serve with tzatziki.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg and some chopped mint for extra herby, spicy flavour.