- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum , remove core and seeds
- Olive oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Crisp lettuce leaves such as cos or iceberg, washed, keep leaves whole
- 1 avocado, stone and skin removed, slice the flesh
- 1x 400g can chickpeas
- 180g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Veggie burgers and grilled vegetables
Burger night has never been so veggylicious.
Credit: Love My Salad
It’s this easy
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. Toss half the onion and zucchini, eggplant and capsicum in a bowl with some olive oil, pepper, and a small amount of salt. Spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the avocado by mashing the avocado with a fork and mixing with lime juice and zest, pepper a small amount of salt and set aside.
- Make the burger patties by placing the chickpeas, remaining onion, zucchini, rolled oats, garlic and peanut butter in the food processor and process until the ingredients are combined. Shape into 4 burger patties.
- Fry the burgers in a small amount of olive oil over a medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the burger patties with avocado and roast vegetables between lettuce leaves, or on a wholemeal bun if you prefer.
- Add a small splash of red wine vinegar to the burger patties for extra zing. You could also try whipping the avocado in the food processor with a dollop of sour cream.