- 1 small sweet potato/ kumera, cut into 1cm pieces
- 120g green beans, tough end removed and bean cut in half
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 4 eggs, whisked with a fork
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
Packed with eggs and veges, this meal in one will set you back only $2.20 per serve.
It’s this easy
- Cook sweet potato in a frying pan over a medium heat 3-4 minutes. Add beans and cook for 1 more min, then peas and cook for another minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine milk, egg and cottage cheese and pour over beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes until eggs are cooked.
- Remove eggs from heat when they are almost but not quite cooked, sprinkle with cheese and cook under a grill or in the oven until golden. Add sliced shallots after the peas.