- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or olive oil if that is all you have)
- 1 large brown onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 300g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 150g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 1 large carrot, no need to peel, dice
- 1 small red capsicum, remove seeds and dice flesh
- 250g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 4 small yellow squash, cut in half
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Vegetable and chickpea curry
There will be plenty of leftovers from this curry, perfect for easy worplace lunches and quick dinners.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic, curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water, chickpeas and all the vegetables. Turn the heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Spoon the curry into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. If you don't have a slow cooker, you could place all ingreidents in an oven proof dish, cover and cook in a 110°c in the oven.
- Add some pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Spoon the curry on the rice.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice with the chickpeas to really make the flavours in this dish sing! Top with a dollop of natural yoghurt when serving.