- 1 cup microwave brown rice
- 1 cup doongara clever rice
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tomatoes, diced into 1 pieces
- 2x 185g cans tuna in springwater
- 2 lemons, juice to make ¼ cup lemon juice, remainder cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Tuna Rice Salad
Perfect for using leftover rice, this filling salad is a meal in one.
It’s this easy
- Cook brown rice following directions on the packet, once cooked spread on a tray to cool.
- Place clever rice in a saucepan with 1 ½ cups water, bring to a boil, stir with a fork, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 12 minutes. Remove lid, add peas and cover, leave for 5 minutes. Rinse in cold water then set aside.
- Whisk olive oil and lemon juice together with a fork.
- Combine rice, peas, tomato, tuna and dressing and mix gently to combine.
- Place in a bowl and serve with extra lemon wedges.
- Sprinkle with thinly sliced shallots.