- 2 large potatoes, peeled, grated
- 1 zucchini, cut ends off, grated
- 1 carrot, cut end off, grated
- 185g tuna, drained, flake with a fork
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- 100g baby spinach
- Lemon, cut into wedges
Tuna and veggie fritters
Quick and easy these fritters can be made ahead of time, perfect to take to work for lunch or a reaheat dinner when you get home from a busy day.
It’s this easy
- Whisk 1 egg in a bowl with a fork. Add potato, zucchini, carrot, tuna, flour, parmesan, pepper and a small amount of salt and mix together.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of a frying pan place on the stove over a medium heat. Spoon the mixture into the pan to make fritters the size of a small drinks coaster. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, the fritters should be golden and feel firm in the centre.
- If you don’t have a frying pan you could try cooking the fritters on a sandwich press. Wipe the base of the sandwich press with some paper towel dipped in oil, spoon the mixture onto the base of the press and lower the top down. Lock the top into place just above the fritter and cook until golden on both sides, turning once as they cook.
- Repeat until all the mixture is cooked.
- Serve with baby spinach and lemon wedges.
- Serve topped with a fried egg.