- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 450g packet soup mix vegetables (eg onion, carrot, celery, swede, potato) cut into 1cm cubes
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups liquid vegetable salt
- ½ cup red split lentils
- Salt and pepper
Tomato and Vegetable Red Lentil Soup
Make a large batch of this soup for easy, tasty workday lunches.
It’s this easy
- In a large saucepan heat oil over a medium heat , add chopped vegetables and cook until slightly soft.
- Add tomatoes, stock and lentils, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender .
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add some finely chopped garlic and fresh coriander for extra flavour. Serve with crusty bread for dunking.