- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 375g mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices Turkish bread, toasted
Toast with Poached Eggs and Mushrooms
Whip up cafe quality breakfasts at a fraction of the cost with this poached egg and mushroom toast.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and cook for 3-minutes until soft and golden.
- Add vinegar to a pot of boiling water and turn off heat.
- Remove (crack) eggs from shell onto a saucer and slide into water.
- Cover pot and leave eggs for three minutes before taking out of the water with a spoon or slotted spoon if you have one. Drain on paper towel.
- Top toast with mushrooms, poached egg and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Add a couple of sprigs of thyme when cooking the mushrooms, sprinkle chopped chives over the eggs.