- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 roma tomatoes, halved lengthways, remove seeds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 3 spring onions
- 1 bunch continental parsley, remove leaves from stems
- 1 bunch mint, remove leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and ¼ cup juice
- Salt and pepper
- Lebanese bread
This easy salad has so many uses, great as a side dish, served on toast for a snack or can brighten up any sandwich.
It’s this easy
- Place quinoa in small saucepan with 1 1/2 cup water and bring to the boil, turn down heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stand for 10 minutes before uncovering pan. Spread on a tray to cool.
- Finely dice tomato and cucumber.
- Chop parsley, mint and spring onion.
- Combine all ingredients except lebanese bread and toss well to combine.
- Place on a plate with Lebanese bread.
- Serve with a side of kalamata olives.