- 1 ½ cup self raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 large corn cobs, cut the kernels off
- 1 zucchini, ends cut off and grated
- Olive oil
- Tzatziki dip
Sweetcorn and zucchini fritters
These sweet sweetcorn and zucchini fritters are so easy to prepapre and great to serve at any time of the day.
It’s this easy
- Whisk the milk and eggs together with a fork and add the flour, zucchini and corn pepper and a small amount of salt and mix until it’s just combined.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of a frying pan place on the stove over a medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan to make fritters the size of a small drinks coaster.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, the fritters should be golden and feel firm in the centre. If you don’t have a frying pan you could try cooking the fritters on a sandwich press. Wipe the base of the sandwich press with some paper towel dipped in oil, spoon the mixture onto the base of the press and lower the top down. Lock the top into place just above the fritters and cook until golden on both sides, turning once as they cook.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with tzatziki.