- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trim off fatty white bits and cut the fillets into quarters
- 1 brown onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 400g can chickpeas, drain off liquid
Slow-cooker chicken and chickpea curry
Set and forget. After a busy day sit down to a steaming hot meal with this slow cooker recipe.
It’s this easy
- Heat the oil in a frypan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken in small batches and cook until brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and cook for about 4 minutes until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minutes then add the tomatoes and stock.
- Transfer it into a 5 litre slow cooker. Set it to low and cook, covered for 6 hours. If you don't have a slow cooker, you could place all ingreidents in an oven proof dish, cover and cook in a 110°c oven.
- Add the yoghurt and chickpeas and cook for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle some coriander over when serving for extra colour and flavour, you could also try adding some grated ginger and garlic with the curry paste for an extra burst of flavour. Serve with lime wedge for extra zing.