- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, cut off end, remove papery skin and finely chop or mince in a garlic crusher
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and flesh sliced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- Greek yoghurt
A meal in a pan, this dish makes the perfect brunch, lunch or dinner.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add onion, garlic, mushroom and capsicum and cook until soft and onions and mushrooms have turned golden.
- Add tomato, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Using a spoon make 4 holes in the tomato mix. Break an egg into a glass and pour one egg into each hole.
- Cook until egg whites are cooked.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt and some sollops of yoghurt.
- Try adding ground cumin and harissa paste for extra spice or sprinkle over some chopped coriander when serving. Make the yoghurt extra thick and creamy by placing lining a sieve with paper towel, add yoghurt, and place in fridge, allowing it to drain for about 2 hours.