- 4 red capscium, remove seeds and cut into chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Brighten up any meal with this colourful sauce. Perfect to keep in the freezer for another time.
Credit: Love My Salad
It’s this easy
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- Place the vegetables in a roasting tray with some olive oil, pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the capsium and tomatoes begin to soften.
- Place the vegetables, almonds and sherry in a food processor. You could also use a stick blender if you have one.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add a little extra pepper and salt if needed.
- Add some extra spice and colour with paprika, cayenne pepper and some chopped parsley.