- 1 large capsicum
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
Roasted red pepper vinaigrette
Add a splash of vibrant colour to your meal with this yummy red sauce
It’s this easy
- Preheat the oven to 220°c, or 200°c if it’s fan forced
- Place the capsicum on a tray lined with baking paper and drizzle over the olive oil
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes. You can turn it over halfway through cooking
- When cooked place the capsicum in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 20 minutes
- Peel the skin off the capsicum with your fingers and remove the seeds
- Put everything in the blender or small food processor with pepper and a small amount of salt \nand blend until smooth.
- Add a clove of garlic for an extra flavour boost. If you really want to spice it up add some chilli flakes and dried oregano too.