- 350g Kent pumpkin, leave the skin on, remove the seeds and slice the flesh thinly
- 250g haloumi
- 4 whole-grain or seed bread rolls, split in half
- ¼ cup vegetable based dip e.g tomato, basil, fetta and cashew
- 30g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
Pumpkin and haloumi burgers
These pumpkin and haloumi burgers are seriously delicious, at $4.55 each and only taking 15 minutes to prepare you won’t be able to resist them.
It’s this easy
- Add enough oil to cover the base of a frying pan place on the stove over a medium heat. Add the pumpkin slices and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile drizzle the haloumi with olive oil. Cok the haloumi for 30 seconds on each side or until golden. If you don’t have a frying pan you can cook the pumpkin and haloumi on the BBQ, oven or sandwich press.
- Toast or warm the bread rolls.
- Assemble the burgers by stacking the pumpkin, haloumi, rocket and tomato and topping with the dip.
- Try adding some dukkah and chilli flakes to give you burger a real flavour boost.