- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large (about 700 grams) chicken breasts, cut in half lengthways
- 300g mixed baby tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 bocconcini
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon castor sugar
- Pepper and salt
- Crusty bread
One-Pan Caprese Salad
You’ll have the dinner cooked and washing up done in no time with this quick and easy one pan dinner.
It’s this easy
- Sprinkle some pepper and a small amount of salt on the chicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, add chicken and cook, turning for 4 minutes or until browned on both sides. Transfer chicken to an oven tray if your frying pan is not oven proof.
- Scatter the tomatoes around the chicken and sprinkle with the sugar, vinegar and bocconcini.
- Place in a hot oven (180°c) or under a grill for about 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and tomatoes blister.
- Serve with bread to mop up the juices.
- Add chopped french shallot, garlic and fresh basil leaves when adding the tomato for extra flavour.