- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 eggs
- Pepper and salt
Light and fluffy, this classic omelette will set you back only $2.50 and be on the table in just 15 minutes.
It’s this easy
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add half the butter and when foaming add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes until soft and beginning to brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Crack eggs from their shell into a jug. Add 1 tablespoon water and whisk eggs with a fork and a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add remaining butter and when foaming add eggs. Swirl the pan so that the egg mixture coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid or some foil and cook for 2 minutes until just set. Give the pan a shake to make sure the omelette has not stuck.
- Spoon the mushrooms onto half of the omelette and use a fork to flip the other half of the omelette on top of the mushrooms.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and bread.
- Add garlic when cooking the mushrooms. You could also add sliced shallot and parsley to the pan before you add the eggs for extra herby flavour.