- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 375g Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 120g baby spinach
- 400g loaf Turkish pide bread
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated mozzarella
Mushroom and spinach breakfast melt
Perfect with all kinds of veggie fillings these make a great go to meal or snack.
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook mushroom, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Add spinach and keep cooking until the spinach has wilted. Sprinkle with pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Cut the bread into 4 even pieces. Split each piece in half.
- Place bases on a chopping board. Top with mushroom mixture, and mozzarella. Sandwich with bread tops.
- Preheat the sandwich press. Cook, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Spice it up with some pistachio dukkah and crumbled fetta.