- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, remove ends and paper skin and finely chop
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled and seeds removed, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups liquid vegetable stock
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 20g baby spinach
Microwave Vegetable Risotto
No stove, no worries. The microwave will do just fine for this vege risotto.
It’s this easy
- Combine oil and onion in a 2-litre microwave safe bowl, cover with paper towel and microwave on high (100%) for 2 minutes, add pumpkin and microwave, uncovered for 2 more minutes.
- Add rice, stir and microwave, uncovered on high for 1 minutes, add 2 cups of stock, cover with a lid, plate or 2 layers of plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, then on medium (50%) for 7 minutes.
- Add asparagus and sugar snap peas and remaining stock and microwave on medium (50%) for 6 minutes.
- Stand for 5 minutes, sprinkle with pepper and salt, stir and serve on a plate or bowl with some spinach on top.
- Add some finely chopped garlic when cooking the onions for extra flavour. Try adding some chopped parsley at the end.