- 1 onion, remove ends and papery skin then chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cooked potato, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tomato, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum, seeds removed and dice flesh into 0.5cm cubes
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup cheese, grated
Microwave Vegetable Omelette
Thought omelettes were tricky? Think again!
It’s this easy
- In a shallow bowl or pie dish place onion and olive oil, cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add potato, capsicum, tomato, cover and microwave for another minute.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs and milk with pepper and a small amount of salt, add to vegetable mix, cover and microwave for 2 minute.
- Remove from microwave, with a fork gently stir the eggs, pulling the cooked egg from the outside into the centre. Sprinkle the cheese over the top, cover and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until set in the centre.
- Add chopped garlic to the onion before cooking. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese when serving.