- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, ends and papery skin removed then finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, remove core and seeds and dice the flesh
- 200g (1 cup) corn kernels
- 1 bunch kale, remove stalk (vein) and discard, slice leaves
- 400g can brown lentils, drain liquid and rinse with water
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 eggs
Kale, green lentils and rice bowl topped with a fried egg
Fried rice with a few healthy twists
It’s this easy
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat, add onion and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, corn and kale and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and rice, toss together until combined and rice and lentils are heated through.
- Heat a non stick frying pan
- Note: You will need to cook 1 cup of raw brown rice to make 3 cups of cooked rice
- Turn up the heat on this one by adding some sambel oelek, grated ginger and garlic and a dash of tamari soy sauce.