- 2x 95g cans naturally smoked salmon
- 60g bag rocket or baby spinach if you prefer
- 2 small fresh cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 1 green apple, cut into quarters, cut out the core by laying the wedge down on the flat side and
- 1 red onion, remove ends and papery skin, cut in half then thinly slice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek style or natural yoghurt
Hot smoked salmon salad with apple and beetroot salad
Smokey, earthy and sweet with just the wight amount of zing, this salad is easy and convenient. The perfect formula for a smokin’ great lunch or light summer dinner.
It’s this easy
- Using a fork break the salmon up into chunks.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl or screw top jar and mix/shake well until combined.
- In large mixing bowl combine salmon, apple, onion, spinach, dressing, pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Scatter over the beetroot and drizzle over the yoghurt.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon of horseradish cream and some chopped chives to the yoghurt for a serious flavour boost.