- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato, grated
- 400g can no added salt cannellini beans, drain in a colander
- 4 eggs
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices whole-grain sourdough, toasted
Homemade Baked Beans with Toast, Eggs and Spinach
Almost as easy as baked beans from the can but a whole lot tastier.
It’s this easy
- Combine tomato, sweet potato and half a cup of water in a pot. Bring to simmer over a medium heat, cook for 5 minutes until sweet potato is soft.
- Add beans and cook for one more minute, sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Place eggs in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes (soft boiled) or 7 minutes (hard boiled). Place in iced water. When cool enough to touch peel shell by tapping egg on the bench to break the shell, gently remove the shell with your fingers. Cut eggs in half.
- Place toast in plate, top with spinach, beans and eggs.
- Use chopped tomatoes with herbs and add smoked paprika for extra flavour. Add maple syrup for extra sweetness.