- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 2x cans cannelini beans, drain liquid off
- 2/3 cup smooth ricotta
- 8 slices crusty bread, toasted until golden
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into circles or semi circles
Fennel and basil beans on ricotta toasts
Lunch, snacks and weekend brunches are sorted with these toast and toppers
It’s this easy
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large grying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook stiring for about 4 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes more until the beans are cooked through.
- Toast bread ad spread with ricotta. Top with beans ans sliced tomato.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Try sprinkling with some crushed fennel seeds for a bit of spice. Adding them to the cooking onions will really bring out the fennel seed flavour. You can also try adding some fresh, torn basil leaves for extra flavour.