- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6x chicken thigh fillets, cut into rough cubes
- 1 brown onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- ½ cauliflower, cut into small florets about the size of your thumb
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 ½ cups salt reduced liquid chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
Curried Chicken Pilaf
Washing up will be a breeze with this one pot dinner.
It’s this easy
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally for 3 minutes until golden all over. Place in a bowl and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining oil, add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, chicken and rice and mix well then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 12 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Scatter the peas over and cook for 3 more minutes until the liquid has all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Set aside for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork before serving.
- Try adding some finely grated fresh ginger and curry paste when cooking the onion. You could also try topping with coriander leaves and chopped roast cashews when serving.