- 6 large field mushrooms, about 500g
- 400g cannellini beans, drain off liquid and rinse with water
- 250g small truss tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 180g pre sliced, fresh mozzarella
- Bread to serve, chargrilled or toasted
Cheesy Mushroom and Pesto Tray Bake
This cheesy mushroom and pesto is an entire meal baked in just one tray.
It’s this easy
- Pre-heat oven to 210°c or 190°c if fan forced. Place the mushrooms in a large oven proof dish or use a foil baking tray if you don’t have a dish.
- Scatter over cannellini beans and tomatoes, add a drizzle or spray of oil and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the mozarella and bake for 15- 20 minutes more or until the cheese melted and is golden.
- Serve with bread for mopping up the juices.
- While the mushrooms are cooking whiz some parsley, lemon rind, bread and garlic in a food processor and sprinkle over the mushrooms and tomatoes when adding the cheese,you could also add some pesto at the same time.