- 1 ½ cups carrot tops
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon, zest the skin, then juice the lemon half
- ¾ cup olive oil
Carrot Top Pesto
Don’t throw away the carrot tops, use them to make a tasty green sauce perfect to pour on veggies, gilled meat, fish or spread on a sandwich.
It’s this easy
- Wash the carrot tops thoroughly to remove grit. Let them drain well, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Roughly chop the tops then place in a food processor with pistachios, parsley, garlic and lemon and process until very finely chopped.
- With the motor running slowly pour in the oil.
- Add a spoonful of capers for an added flavour burst.
- To store you can transfer it to a container, smooth the top over and enough oil to cover the top and refrigerate for up to four days.