- 1 large head of broccoli, sliced lengthways into thick ‘steaks’
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
These broccoli steaks are delicious, easy and outrageously economical at just 70 cents per serve.
It’s this easy
- Preheat the oven to 200°c or 180°c if fan forced.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray.
- Place the broccoli in a single layer on the baking paper.
- Mix together the olive oil and garlic and brush or drizzle all over the broccoli with some pepper and a small amount of salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Spice it up with some chilli flakes. You can also try adding some shredded parmesan and chopped hazelnuts for an extra savoury, nutty hit.