- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon dairy-free spread
- 2 tablespoon Essentials plain flour
- 1 cup Macro Organic rice milk
- 11/2 cups grated lactose-free cheese
A low lactose version of a classic family favourite dish.
It’s this easy
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Then grease a 6-cup baking dish.
- Divide broccoli and cauliflower into small-ish florets (approx half the size of your fist) of a similar size. Add to small pan with water and steam for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain and arrange in baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt spread then over medium heat, add flour and stir well for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Return to heat and stir for 5 minutes until thickened, add the cheese and stir until smooth.
- Pour sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower vegetables and bake for 10 minutes until golden. Top with pepper.