- 6 beetroot bulbs
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- ½ small red onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely slice
- 70g washed baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Beetroot, Goats Cheese and Walnut Salad
Delicious warm or cold, this beetroot salad is a winner all year round.
It’s this easy
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Trim tops off 5 beetroot bulbs. Wrap bulbs in foil and roast to 40 minutes or until tender. Cool, peel and slice.
- Place walnuts on a baking tray and roast for 8 minutes until golden.
- Combine onion, beetroot, walnuts, spinach, lemon juice and olive oil and toss gently to combine.
- You could also try crumbling some goats cheese over the salad. Whisk some dijon mustard into the olive oil and lemon for extra bite.