- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooked according to directions on packet
- 1 cup cooked lentils, cooked according to directions on packet
- 4 small pre-cooked beetroots, cut in half and sliced
- 2 apples, cut in half, remove core and slice thinly
- 3 spring onions, slice thinly
- 1 handful walnuts
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Beetroot and apple salad with lentils, brown rice and walnuts
This vibrant and filling sweet, sour and earthy salad is a meal in one
Credit: Love My Salad
It’s this easy
- Lightly pan fry the beetroots, apples and spring onions on a low heat with a little oil.
- In a bowl combine rice and lentils with beetroot mixture.
- Whisk together mustard, honey and olive oil. Pour over the salad.
- Top with rocket and walnuts.
- Add some thyme to the dressing and crumble some fetta on top of the salad.