- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil (olive oil will do if that is all you have)
- 1.25kg gravy beef, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 brown onions,remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- ½ cup korma curry paste
- 750g potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2x 400g can tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced salt beef stock
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
Beef and vegetable curry
Push the button, and carry on with your busy day while this slow cooker beef and vegetable curry cooks away.
It’s this easy
- Heat half the oil in the bowl of a 7-litre slow-cooker over medium-high heat. Place some of the beef in the pan and cook the beef for 3-4 minutes or until browned all over then transfer it to a plate. Don’t put too much beef in the pan at one time otherwise it will boil and turn grey instead of brown. Continue browning all the beef in small batches.
- Heat remaining oil in slow-cooker bowl over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add potato, cauliflower, tomato, stock, beef, pepper and a small amount of salt. Mix everything up well.
- Cover, turn the cooker to low and cook for 8 hours, stirring halfway through the cooking. If you don't have a slow cooker, you could place all ingredients in an oven proof dish, cover and cook in a 110°c oven.
- Add the peas and serve with rice.
- Serve topped with plain yoghurt and a sprinkle of chopped coriander.