- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, cut leaves from stem, discard stems and finely slice leaves
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 1 bread stick, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Basil and Kale Bruschetta
This delicious and nutritious snack will be ready in less than 10 minutes.
It’s this easy
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine kale, tomato, onion, pepper and a small amount of salt. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle bread slices with oil and place on tray, bake for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Dizzle remaining olive oil and balsamic over vinegar over kale mixture.
- Pile mixture onto toasts.
- Crush a clove of garlic and add to the olive oil. You could also add shredded basil leaves to the kale mixture for more herby flavour.