- 500g red skinned potatoes, coarsely grated
- 250g zucchini (2 small zucchini), coarsely grated
- 50g butter, melted
- 400g can chickpeas, drain off liquid and rinse in water
- ½ cup roasted capsicum strips, drain of liquid and cut in half
- 100g haloumi, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pepper and salt
Baked Rosti with Chickpea and Capsicum
Crsipy on the outside, soft in the middle, this one pan meal has it all.
It’s this easy
- Preheat the oven to 220°c .
- Place potato in a clean tea towel and twist to squeeze out excess moisture, place in a bowl and repeat with zucchini. Add butter, pepper and a small amount of salt, toss well to combine.
- Place a 20cm metal pie tin in the oven for 5 minutes to heat then add vegetable mixture to the pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, capsicum, haloumi, oil and vinegar. Scatter over potato and return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and cut into wedges, serve.
- Add some oregano and crushed garlic to the chickpea mixture. You could also try using sweet potato instead of red-skinned potatoes.