- 1 bunch rhubarb, cut each end off and throw away, cut stalks into 1cm pieces
- 250g strawberries, cut off top and throw away, cut strawberry into quarters
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups traditional oats
- 2 cups milk
- Yoghurt to serve
Baked Oats with Rhubarb and Strawberries
These oats are delicious served for breakfast, dessert or snacks.
It’s this easy
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Scatter rhubarb, strawberries and sugar in an ovenproof dish or a foil tray.
- Cover with oats and pour over milk.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, take foil off and bake for another 30 minutes until golden.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt on top.
- Add some finely grated orange rind to the rhubarb and strawberries. You could also add some shredded coconut, sliced almonds and vanilla to the oat mixture.