- 3 red capsicum
- 500g haloumi cheese, cut into slices 1.5mm thick
- 3 bunches asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Asparagus and Haloumi Salad
A quick and colourful dish that can be enjoyed by all
It’s this easy
- Heat BBQ hotplate to medium-high. Cook whole capsicum for 10 minutes, until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl, cover and wait for 5 minutes. Peel and remove seeds, roughly chop.
- Whisk oil, vinegar and pepper.
- Add to capsium and toss to combine.
- Cook asparagus on barbeque plate for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Cook haloumi on barbeque plate for ½ minutes until golden.
- Arrange asparagus, haloumi and capsium on a plate and serve with crusty bread.
- Add a handful of basil leaves to the capsicum mixture for more herby flavour. You could also try adding some green olives.