- 4 small chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 corn cobs, peel husks and remove strands
- 1 avocado, skin and stone removed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, remove ends and papery skin then finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 450g packet microwavable long grain rice
- 400g can black beans, drain off liquid and rinse beans with water
15-Minute Cajun Chicken with Corn and Avocado Salsa
This bright and zesty dish will dance to your dinner table in ony 15 minutes.
It’s this easy
- Make three deep cuts into the chicken breast, don’t cut it all the way through, drizzle with oil.
- Cook chicken on a hot BBQ or chargrill for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking place the corn on the grill and cook for 10 minutes turning regularly until it is charred on all sides. Cut down the side of corn to remove the kernels.
- Place corn in a bowl with avocado, tomato, onion and lime juice. Add pepper and a small amount of salt and toss to combine.
- While corn is cooking heat the rice following packet directions, put in a bowl with beans and toss to combine.
- Divide beans and rice among serving plates, top with chicken and avocado salsa.
- Sprinkle cajun seasoning on the chicken before cooking. If you like it spicy add thinly sliced green chilli to the salsa.